Green Thinking at Slate Ridge at Fisher’s Landing Apartment Homes
Just because we are a for-profit business, does not mean we don't give back to our communities. At Sequoia, we believe we have a responsibility to do just that. The company's Corporate Social Responsibility program is focused on two areas:
Being green is not a promotional tool, is just good business. Sequoia recently made some major changes to our company's maintenance and operational practices to promote a cleaner way of living and working. As a company, we have made significant investments in the following areas:
- Purchase of energy saving appliances at replacement periods
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulbs in all common areas and models
- Reduction of office waste by offering an online application with paperless lease and renewal signing
- Creation of smoke-free living environments which prohibit smoking within 25 feet of any building or inside of our apartment homes
- Implementation of Valet Waste service means we pick up trash and recycling from your front door five nights a week*
- And much more to come!
*Not offered at all Sequoia communities.
You can help too! Join us in our fight to minimize waste and promote conservation. There are lots of ways you can help. Here are three simple ways:
- Separate garbage from recyclables.
- Sign-up for automatic rental payment versus paper checks.
- Renew your lease online and save 30 legal size pages of paper per customer.